I get asked all the time… “How do I find a profitable niche for my nutrition or health coaching business?”. You’re not alone! Most online coaches struggle to find their ideal niche. Whether you’re in the health and wellness field or not it’s almost impossible to fill your practice when you don’t know who you want to help or how you want to help them. Read more for 35 profitable health coaching niches you can tap into to grow your business.
What is Nutrition & Health Coaching?
According to Wikipedia, health and nutrition coaching is “the use of evidence-based skillful conversation, clinical interventions and strategies to actively and safely engage client/patients in health behavior change.”.
That’s quite a mouthful to say that you have a clinic, online business, or hybrid of the two that helps people achieve their nutrition, health, and fitness goals as a coach and mentor. The good news is that you don’t need a health coach certification either. Your education, experience, and passion for helping people are all you need to have a printable coaching business!
While there are many different types of coaches like business coaches, executive coaches, life coaches, and even money mindset coaches, what makes health and nutrition coaches different is that you’re focusing primarily on health and wellness. Sometimes there is overlap, such as helping people achieve their business or life goals by improving their health and fitness. Other times, you’re only focusing on one goal such as digestive health and healing the gut.
Why do Health Coaches Need to Find a Perfect Niche?
The good news is that you can create health and nutrition coaching packages to suit your business, regardless of your niche! There are literally thousands of profitable health & nutrition coaching niches out there. Do you want to focus on coaching clients for a small period of time or in a long-term program? Either way, there are potential clients that will fit that model.
Your coaching niche is simply a subset of a larger group of people. For example, if you are a nutrition professional who helps clients as an accountability coach, that’s far too broad. You want to narrow it down in order to grow your health or nutrition coaching practice.
The niche of people you want to focus on would be a small group within the larger group of people. Take your time and really think about the smaller groups of people within that larger group. Some people call these “micro-niches”. Your niche market will not only be easier to work with because you know exactly who you are helping, but it also helps your prospective clients choose you because they feel seen and heard!
Multiple Niches or Ideal Clients for Your Coaching Business
What if you want to serve different types of people or you have more than one coaching program? It’s completely normal to want to coach different kinds of people. There are profitable health and nutrition coaching niches everywhere!
If your niche market is integrative nutrition for successful business professionals, you could narrow that down and frame your coaching practice as “wellness coach for overachievers in business”.
The impact of coaching on people’s lives is astounding. Researchers at the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine found that health and wellness coaching improves weight and nutrition behaviors. A whopping 82% of trials showed improvement after working with health and wellness coaches! The coaching relationship you develop with the people you help is priceless. There is nothing like helping people achieve their goals and being there for them when they stumble.
My Personal Experience with a Niche Market as a Health Coach
It’s your job as the business owner and coach to get in front of the people that you are called to serve. If you’re a “nutrition coach” or “health coach” without being specific on how you are going to help, you’re not going to attract anyone!
From my own personal experience, the more narrow my focus is for each program in my online business, the more profitable it is. This has nothing to do with my coaching skill! It’s because each one of my coaching programs has a specific person in mind and a specific outcome for the program. Experts say that niching down will improve your bottom line. I have found this to be true over and over again. Narrowing down who you want to help and why will help you decide on your own profitable health & nutrition coaching niche.
Keep in mind, these aren’t sneaky marketing tactics. This is about being super clear on who you want to serve and how you want to help them. When you are clear on that, your prospective clients understand that you are the only logical solution to their health and wellness problems.
Choose the Niche for Your Coaching Business!
You don’t need to settle on just one niche for your clinic or online business. You can create a coaching program for several niches. The most important thing is to start! Your business will grow and evolve along with you. Your niche should be something that you’re passionate about. When you bring passion to the table, that is always going to stand out from other coaches.
Now onto the coaching niches!
35 Profitable Health Coaching Niches to Grow Your Nutrition Business
Healthy Eating Habits
- Empower women to create healthy habits
- Show single parents how they can feed their families on a budget
- Teach urban families how they can grow their own food
- Coach men in their prime build sustainable, healthy habits to re-energize their lives
- Empower women to create healthy habits to reduce emotional eating
- Help teenagers with eating disorders heal their relationship with food
- Show diabetics how to lose weight with easy meal plans
Fitness Coaching Niches
- Help new moms get back in shape after having a baby
- Teach women over 50 how to incorporate a workout routine
- Help hip replacement patients create a yoga routine
- Online fitness coach for remote workers
Weight Management & Weight Gain
- Help cancer patients manage weight after chemo
- Teach women with PCOS how to lose belly fat
- Coach athletes gain weight in a healthy way
- Teach mothers of underweight children how to create meal plans their children will love
- Create a holistic body weight management program using genetic testing
- Create a recovery plan for people with emotional eating disorders
- Teach people how to have peace with food after weight loss surgery
Integrative Nutrition Coach
- Create an Integrative Nutrition program for cancer patients
- Collaborate with therapists to develop a nutrition program for psychotherapy patients
- Empower heart attack patients with a metabolic health program
Nutrition in Education
- Educate teachers and students about mindfulness, nutrition, and playtime in schools
- Coach busy college students improve their focus and concentration with healthy meals
- Teach daycares how to create menus for children with food sensitivities
- Combat childhood obesity with a healthy weight loss plan children can stick to
- Create a summer cooking camp for kids
Stress Management Coaching
- Teach burned-out professionals how to regain their energy and vitality
- Give overworked CEOs simple ways to improve their mental health with proper nutrition
- Coach stressed-out moms heal their hormonal imbalance
Business & Executive Coaching
- Help sales professionals maintain their fitness levels while traveling
- Teach the importance of fitness to optimize business performance for executives
- Corporate nutrition and wellness programs for Fortune 500 businesses and their employees
- Improve employee productivity and employee happiness with lunchtime movement sessions
- Show corporate moms easy ways to incorporate self-care into their day
- Teach burned-out professionals how to regain their energy and vitality
It’s Time to Create Your Own Coaching Program!
The market for nutrition and health coaches is growing every day! According to Precedence Research, the global market size is projected to be worth $27 billion by 2030! While you can take courses and get a coaching certification, in most cases, you don’t need to. You can start right where you are.
With telehealth becoming more widespread and accepted, it’s easier than ever to create a wildly successful virtual coaching program. This is especially great for people who don’t have access to a health coach, nutrition specialist, or integrative practitioner in their community.
You don’t need to be a famous industry expert to help people. Out of the 7+ billion people on the planet, you only need to find a handful of people in your niche market to have a successful business.